A recon trip is designed to help the executive and his/her family make the final decision regarding their potential assignment in a new country.
First impressions are very important and a trusted guide can make the difference. We design the Recon Trip so that the potential expat can get an honest sense of the local culture. The trip is designed to give them a perspective of what day-to-day life would be like if they chose to relocate. This program includes:
- Neighborhood familiarization (local parks, shopping areas, supermarkets, hospitals, restaurants, etc.)
- Housing overview
- Schooling overview
- Information about the cost of living and the standard of living
A major and understandable concern any potential expat has is what their housing situation will be like if they were to relocate. Understanding the importance of getting this part right, we do a comprehensive analysis to determine what is the appropriate housing and location for the executive. We do this by getting the executive and his/her family to define in detail what they need in a home in order to be happy with their relocation. This program includes:
- Neighborhood and area tour
- Accompanied visits to prospective homes
- Lease Negotiations
- Move in Inspection
- Assistance with car and furniture purchase/rental, information on banking and insurance services.
An important concern for those executives with children is that of schooling. Similar to our approach to housing and done in conjunction, we create profiles of each child and provide a list of those institutions we believe to be the best match. This package includes:
- Contacting the schools to determine space availability
- Information requirements
- Set up interview and accompany the family to those appointments
- Advise on registration process
- Exposure to the local language and colloquialisms
- Exposure to the different customs of each region
- Instruction on the best places for family recreation in the city, surrounding areas as well as tourist attractions in the country.
- Advice for family vacations
- Information on local supermarkets and shopping malls
- General security recommendations
- Basic psychological understanding of the expatriate adjustment process to a new country.
One of our consultants will accompany the executive and his/her family during the final transition, including helping them with the arrival of their belongings up to the final move-in to their new home. We will help them with:
- The cleaning of the house and installation of basic services such as gas, water etc. (prior to the arrival of the family)
- Coordination of technical services such as for the installation of appliances and telecommunication services.
- Advice and support in the purchase and/or rental of furniture, curtains, vehicles, etc.
- Coordinating the hiring of specialists (plumbers, electricians, painters) if they are required.
- Advice and support on the selection of banks, establishing local social security accounts etc.
We offer assistance with the processing of proper immigration documents for the executive and his/her family, in strict accordance with local law, including:
- Temporary Visas
- Dependent Visas
- Registration with Immigration offices
- Driver License
- Legalization of Documents
- Validation of Professional Titles
This program is focused on those executives that are soon to be repatriating to either their home country or other locations. This program offers support to the executive and his/her family as they prepare to end their current expat assignment. The program includes:
- Termination of Lease
- Moving Out Inspection
- Utility Cancelation
- Cancellation of Bank Accounts
- Closure of Worker Obligations such as Household Help, Drivers or Security Personnel
We assist employees that are being sent on long-term assignments overseas with the management of their real estate properties in-country. We offer:
- Assistance renting out their property
- Lease negotiation
- Assistance with move-in inspection
- Coordination of home repairs
- Periodic Inspection of Property
- Payments and Rent collections
- Lease Renewal
We offer HR organizations invoice centralization and payment processing for invoices that are related to the relocation package. This service includes:
- Providing instructions to Vendors, Services, Schools, etc to forward invoices to our offices for payment
- Review of invoice to ensure appropriate costs and/or exceptions
- Summary of monthly invoices sent in email template to the client for approval and payment.
- Legal assistance regarding the establishment of legal commercial entities
- Real estate search (offices, buildings and warehouses)
- Support for purchases and/or leasing of real estate and any renovation need to adapt to commercial use